Tuesday, 26 Jan 2021
Within the context of the attention accorded by His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said, Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, to His Majesty’s the Sultan’s forces to enhance their capabilities to protect the country and its stability, Sayyid Badr bin Saud al Busaidi, Minister Responsible for Defence Affairs, supervised the trial launch of the new missile defence system - BARQ - last week.

Defence Minister supervises trial launch of BARQ missile method

Muscat – 

Within the context of the interest accorded by His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said, Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, to His Majesty’s the Sultan’s forces to improve their capabilities to safeguard the nation and its stability, Sayyid Badr bin Saud al Busaidi, Minister Responsible for Defence Affairs,  supervised the trial launch of the new missile defence method – BARQ – final week. 

The trial launch was held at the coaching field of the Royal Air Force of Oman (RAFO) in the wilayat of Masirah.

The sultanate is contracted to purchase a quantity of air defence systems for RAFO from the American business Raytheon.

This is in line with plans of modernisation and improvement witnessed by RAFO along with other corps of the Sultan’s Armed Forces.

The launch of the new method was effective, as its rockets hit their targets accurately.
The occasion was attended by Mohammed bin Nasser al Rasbi, secretary common in the Ministry of Defence, senior officers of the Sultan’s Armed Forces and other military and safety solutions.

Information Source: Muscat Daily

Check Also

Face masks out of stock in Muscat pharmacies

Pharmacies in 19 currently sweeping the world.